Plant Healer Magazine

The Beauty of the Enchanted Wood

The Beauty of the Enchanted Wood
Dinner Time

Beautiful Spring Visitors

Beautiful Spring Visitors


A special Summer Solstice visitor

A special Summer Solstice visitor

A Gift From the Goddess

A Gift From the Goddess
The most tiny of baby deer was waiting for me as I went to check things by my cabin this morning. So precious. The Mom left her where she knew she would be safe!

Monday, June 27, 2011

Another Days Blessing

Every day there is magic around me. Today my deer, Brown Town Brownie came to visit. I love that she is not afraid of me and does not flinch when I stand just feet from her. She is one of Gloria’s from last year I believe and she was always one to stay close to home.
She looks at me with such trust in her eyes, and I know that as I talk to her, she is really listening to me. She is one of the deer that will come when called, usually bounding through the forest to get to where I am. In the fall when all the leaves are down and carpeting the forest the sound of the deer coming to eat still sounds to me like people moving towards me.

Gloria, the piebald and Missy came to eat later this afternoon. Gloria had the two little fawns with her; how magical they are with their miniature little bodies and tiny spots. They follow their mother to the corn and then decide it is much more fun to run and play some reindeer games. I laugh as I watch them scamper about the woods playing hide-and-seek; mother deer always on alert for them.
Brownie was slightly limping tonight perhaps she stepped on something or misjudged a step. Most days though, she stays close to home content to lie in the cool dirt of the valley. As summer moves on, the babies will grow quickly. I am always pleased when there is a late season birth so that I will have a little one or two to entertain me through till winter. I can’t imagine my life without the companionship of the deer….

Blessed be,
Priestess Absinthe Aradia

No comments:

Post a Comment